RIVER LODGE VREDENDAL ONLINE AND ELECTRONIC PRIVACY STATEMENT (“THE POLICY”)
Our website is www.riverlodgevredendal.co.za
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this Policy applies to all website and electronic communication from the River Lodge Vredendal.
Thank you for visiting the riverlodgevredendal.co.za website, our online sales site or interacting with us via electronic communication methods (hereinafter together referred to as “our Website”).
At River Lodge Vredendal, we understand that protecting the privacy of visitors and customers to our Website is very important and that is why we have taken the necessary steps to meet South African data privacy requirements. We treat your personal data according to the laws of the Republic of South Africa which regulate the storage, processing, accessing and transferring of personal data.
Our Website that display this Policy and that ask for any information from you, are committed to collecting, maintaining, and securing personal information about you in accordance with this Policy, as well as applicable South African laws, rules and regulations. This Policy:
- applies to personal information (as defined below) collected from River Lodge Vredendal online resources and communications (such as websites, e-mail, and other online tools) that display a link to this Policy.
- does not apply to personal information collected from offline resources and communications, except in cases where such personal information is consolidated with personal information collected by River Lodge Vredendal online.
- also does not apply to third-party online resources to which our Website may link, where River Lodge Vredendal does not control the content or the privacy practices of such resources.
River Lodge Vredendal only collects personally identifiable information about you if you choose to give it to us. River Lodge Vredendal does not share any of your personally identifiable information with third parties for their own marketing use, unless you explicitly give us permission to do so.
Please review this Policy to learn more about how we collect, use, share and protect information online.
There are two general methods that River Lodge Vredendal uses to collect information from you online:
(i.) Information We Get
– Personal identifiable information:
You can visit our Website without providing any personal information. River Lodge Vredendal may collect your personally identifiable information (such as name, contact details, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card details and delivery details or other identifying information) only when you choose to submit it to us. River Lodge Vredendal may also collect information about you that you provide by responding to our questions or surveys.
– Aggregate information:
In some cases, we also remove personal identifiers from data you provide to us and maintain it in aggregate form. River Lodge Vredendal may combine this data with other information to produce anonymous, aggregated statistical information (e.g. number of visitors, originating domain name of the Internet Service Provider), helpful to us in improving our products and services.
(ii.) Automatically Collected Information
River Lodge Vredendal, and some third party providers we work with, automatically receive certain types of information whenever you interact with us on our Website and in some e-mails we may send each other. Automatic technologies and services we use may include, for example, Web server logs/IP addresses, cookies, Web beacons and third party application and content tools.
- Web Server Logs/IP Addresses:An IP address is a number assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. All computer identification on the Internet is conducted with IP addresses, which allow computers and servers to recognize and communicate with each other. River Lodge Vredendal collects IP addresses to conduct system administration and report aggregate information to affiliates, business partners and/or vendors to conduct site analysis and website performance review.
- Web Beacons: On certain Web pages or e-mails, River Lodge Vredendal may utilize a common Internet technology called a “Web beacon” (also known as an “action tag” or “clear GIF technology”). Web beacons help analyze the effectiveness of websites by measuring, for example, the number of visitors to a site or how many visitors clicked on key elements of a site.
Web beacons, cookies and other tracking technologies do not automatically obtain personally identifiable information about you. Only if you voluntarily submit personally identifiable information, such as by registering or sending e-mails, can these automatic tracking technologies be used to provide further information about your use of the websites and/or interactive e-mails to improve their usefulness to you.
- Services: River Lodge Vredendal may provide services based on third party applications and content tools on our Websites such as Google Maps. These third parties may automatically receive certain types of information whenever you interact with us on our Website using such third-party applications and tools.
You have several choices regarding your use of our Website. You could decide not to submit any personally identifiable information at all by not entering it into any forms or data fields on our Website and not using any available personalized services. If you choose to submit personal data, you have the right to see and correct your data at any time by accessing the application. Certain sites may ask for your permission for certain uses of your information and you can agree to or decline those uses. If you opt-in for particular services or communications, such as an e-newsletter, you will be able to unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions included in each communication. If you decide to unsubscribe from a service or communication, we will work to remove your information promptly, although we may require additional information before we can process your request.
As described above, if you wish to prevent cookies from tracking you anonymously as you navigate our Website, you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
River Lodge Vredendal is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
River Lodge Vredendal uses technology (such as Secure Socket Layer) and security precautions, rules and other procedures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, improper use, disclosure, loss or destruction. To ensure the confidentiality of your information, River Lodge Vredendal uses also industry standard firewalls and password protection. It is, however, your personal responsibility to ensure that the computer you are using is adequately secured and protected against malicious software, such as trojans, computer viruses and worm programs. You are aware of the fact that without adequate security measures (e.g. secure web browser configuration, up-to-date antivirus software, personal firewall software, no usage of software from dubious sources) there is a risk that the data and passwords you use to protect access to your data, could be disclosed to unauthorized third parties.
USE OF DATA
River Lodge Vredendal, including its holding companies, subsidiaries, divisions and group companies and/or the companies we hire to perform services on our behalf will use any personally identifiable information you choose to give us to comply with your requests.
River Lodge Vredendal may require and/or use your information for example the following reasons:
- to supply you with offers;
- to comply with your request/s in terms of accommodation requirements;
- internal record keeping and administration purposes;
- we may use the information to improve our accommodation services;
- we may periodically send promotional emails about events, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. However, you will be given the option to cancel your subscription from any such mailing list.
We will retain control of and responsibility for the use of this information. Some of this data may be stored or processed at computers located in other jurisdictions, such as the United States, whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. In such cases, we will ensure that appropriate protections are in place to require the data processor in that country to maintain protections on the data that are equivalent to those that apply in the country in which you live.
The information, which is also used for different purposes (Performance Management, Succession decisions or Development actions), will be helpful for us to better understand your needs and how we can improve our products and services. It helps us also to personalize certain communications with you about services and promotions that you might find interesting. For example, we may analyze the gender or age of visitors to sites and products purchased, and we may use that analysis of aggregate data internally or share it with others.
DATA SHARING AND TRANSFER
River Lodge Vredendal shares personally identifiable data about you with various outside companies or agents doing technological maintenance or working on our behalf to help fulfill business transactions, such as providing customer services, sending marketing communications about our products, services and offers. We may also share personally identifiable data with our company’s subsidiaries and affiliates. All these companies and agents are required to comply with the terms of our privacy policies.
We may also disclose personally identifiable information for these purposes:
- in connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of the business of the site to which the data relates;
- to respond to appropriate requests of legitimate government agencies or where required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations; or
- where needed for corporate audits or to investigate or respond to a complaint or security threat.
- No Third-Party Direct Marketing Use: We will not sell or otherwise transfer the personally identifiable information you provide to us on our Website to any third parties for their own direct marketing, use unless we provide clear notice to you and obtain your explicit consent for your data to be shared in this manner.
- E-mail a Friend or Colleague: On our Wesite from time to time, you may be required to choose to send a link or a message to a friend or colleague referring them to a River Lodge Vredendal website. E-mail addresses you may provide for a friend will be used to send your friend information on your behalf and will not be collected or used by River Lodge Vredendal or other third parties for additional purposes.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Website may contain links to a number of websites that may offer useful information to our visitors and/or customers. This Policy does not apply to those sites, and we recommend communicating with them directly for information on their privacy policies.
Once you have used these links to leave our Website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this Policy. You should exercise caution and consider the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR CHILDREN
Our Website is directed at an adult audience. River Lodge Vredendal do not collect any personally identifiable information from anyone we know to be under the age of 18 without the prior, verifiable consent of his or her legal representative. Such legal representative has the right, upon request, to view the information provided by the child and/or to require that it be deleted.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON WEBSITES
If a website has particular provisions relating to privacy that differ from those stated herein, those provisions will be disclosed to you on the page on which personally identifiable information is collected.
NOTE TO USERS OF BUSINESS OR PROFESSIONAL WEBSITES
If you have a business or professional relationship with River Lodge Vredendal, we may use information you submit on our Website, including sites intended specifically for business and professional users, to fulfill your requests and develop our business relationship with you and the entities you represent. We may also share such information with third parties acting on our behalf.
UPDATES TO PRIVACY STATEMENT
From time to time, River Lodge Vredendal may revise this Policy. Any such changes to this Policy will be promptly communicated on this page. Continued use of our sites after receiving notice of a change in our Policy indicates your consent to the use of newly submitted information in accordance with the amended Policy. The effective date of this Privacy Statement is 1 June 2018.
HOW TO CONTACT RIVER LODGE VREDENDAL
For questions or if you wish River Lodge Vredendal to amend or delete your profile, please contact us in writing (by post) or by e-mail, as follows:
River Lodge Vredendal
PO Box 638, Vredendal, 8160